Website designed & produced by Fiona Curtis
Supported by Compton Parish & Guildford Borough Councils & Compton Village Association
The allotments are situated opposite the Withies Inn in the heart of the village. They are owned by the Parish Council but run and managed by a committee of plotholders.
Compton has had allotments since the 1800's serving the local community. It is a large open area, surrounded by mixed woodland, giving a rural atmosphere but secured by deer fencing.
The soil is light and fertile and excellent crops of vegetables, fruit and flowers are grown by members most of whom garden organically.
There is a productive communal orchard and a seating and picnic area for taking a break. We have pigs and chickens who thrive in their areas and are popular with children and plotholders visitors.
The plots are of various sizes catering for all needs. Paths are mown regularly making the site neat and attractive and there are plenty of water taps on site for watering.
There is an excellent friendly community spirit with someone on hand to give advice and help. With a newsletter, work parties, and barbecues along with our major event, the village fete plant stall, friendships are soon formed.
A few plots are often available and applications are most welcome, rents and maintenance costs are kept as low as possible.
Plot Lettings Officer, Keys and Applications for Sheds and Structures
Taps and Applications for Sheds and Structures
Plot lettings, Keys
Taps, general maintenance
07703 403133 -01483 502372
07719 357 364 -01483 861 595
01483 417 750
01483 861595 - 07984 670960
07713552666 or 01483 552666
JANUARY SPECIAL EDITION - INCUDES THE STORY OF THE HISTORY OF THE ALLOTMENTS by Carolyn Maslin